Does finding some luscious fruit, fresh herbs or other tasty treats inspire you to find a way to incorporate it into meal, dessert or drink? These fresh Rosemary sprigs smelled so wonderfully aromatic that it inspired its’ own recipe: Rosemary Pomegranate Moscow Mules!
WHY CHOOSE THE MOSCOW MULE
Moscow mules are a great drink to dabble in a bit of experimentation because the only constants in a Moscow Mule are the Ginger Beer (or ale) and the Copper Mules. Even the traditional Vodka can be switched out for Bourbon or other spirits. So if you stumble upon a particularly interesting fruit or herb, most likely, paired with the right complimentary flavors, you can build a mule around it.
So for this Moscow Mule recipe, we incorporated Rosemary instead of the traditionally used fresh mint leaves. To complement the Rosemary, we used a sweeter combination of Pomegranates and a bit of honey to balance the tangy lime and fresh ginger.
TIP: Like your drink extra tangy? Grate fresh ginger into vodka and let it infuse overnight
Rosemary Pomegranate Moscow Mule Recipe
- 2 oz. vodka (one shot)
- 1 oz. pomegranate juice (we used POM)
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp. lime juice, optional wedges to garnish
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 to 6 ounces of ginger beer, to taste
- Fresh Rosemary sprigs
- In a cocktail glass stir together vodka, pomegranate juice, pomegranate seeds, tbsp. lime juice, honey, and ice.
- Shake and pour into the mule mug
- Top off with ginger beer and garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Before combining the liquid ingredients, muddle a lime wedge, a bit of rosemary and a few thin slices of fresh ginger at the bottom of the mule for an extra tangy taste. Leave the spent lime for extra flavor.
- Muddling in some rosemary releases its’ oil for a wonderful aroma
WHY USE KAMOJO MOSCOW MULE COPPER MUGS
Of course, you can drink the Moscow Mule in any beverage container and get the general gist of the drink. But the reason Moscow Mules are served in copper mugs is not just tradition, these copper mugs actually enhance the drink itself in three ways:
- the copper increases the fizziness of the drink – both in intensity and in duration.
- Copper enhances the taste of both the vodka and the tart elements including the ginger and lime.
- Copper makes a cool drink ice cold and keeps it that way.
We like the Kamojo Moscow Mule Mugs because they are tarnish-free, so they are easy to keep looking nice and shiny, they are sturdy and well made, and they are pretty!
Moscow Mules are a fun drink that is easy to make and extremely versatile, so you can create new drinks based on what looks good at the market, in your own garden, or based on what you have on hand.
Use a copper shot glass to hold the vodka while prepping the drinks starts the vodka and copper reaction to best enhance the taste
WHERE TO BUY
Find the items mentioned in this post at the following retail online locations:
- Kamojo Moscow Mules
- Kamojo Copper Shot Glasses
- Kamojo Copper Coasters
- POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice, Jet.com
- Reed’s Ginger Beer (Original) at Jet.com
Quite A Kitchen received the Kamojo Moscow Mule Mugs, coaster and Kamojo Copper shot glasses in exchange for our unbiased review. However, the content of this post, our experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% ours.