A sure-fire way to get you going in the morning, this tasty but nutritious smoothie recipe combines coconut and almonds with some very necessary morning caffeine, and the sweetness of the vanilla and honey takes the vegal taste out of the kale. The texture of the almonds along with the honey helps conceal the gritty texture of any powder you may wish to include in a smoothie, such as a protein or other supplemental powder.
- 1- 2 handfuls of kale
- 1 banana
- Vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Some almonds for texture, to taste
- A shot of espresso, coffee, or matcha, black or green tea
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- Optional protein powder
- ice cubes
- Brew caffeinated beverage of your choice. Set aside to cool, or prepare beverage the night before and refrigerate.
- Remove a vanilla bean from the pod. Lightly crush.
- Tear kale, slice banana and add to the blender. Add almonds.
- Combine in blender and pulse. Add powder supplement now if desired.
- Add ice cubes and liquids, and matcha powder. Pulse again
- Pour and garnish with mint, berries or almond slivers, to taste