Want to vary up your morning smoothie? This recipe includes numerous anti-inflammatory ingredients that might not seem so appealing alone, but together, they blend to just just the right amount of tart and sweet. The dark green color is due to kale and pomengranate juice, and bing cherries. A sweet but zesty note comes from ginger, tumeric, vanilla and cinnamon. It also smells delicious.
- pomegranate or cherry juice
- bing cherries
- 1 handful kale
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut water
- 1/2 tsp. of ground turmeric powder or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Vanilla bean
- water, to taste
- ice to blend.
- mint, cherry, or lime wedge to garnish
Got an idea to make this smoothie better? Tell us!