Zoodles are a healthy alternative to traditional pasta, and a good spiralizer can make a fresh and healthy meal fast. This recipe is a quick and colorful meal that is easy to make.
You will need to buy zoodles at the store, or ideally, make them fresh at home with a spiralizer. For this recipe, we used the Nunewares 4-Blade Spiralizer because it can make spaghetti and fettuccine sized pasta widths for 3mm, 5mm, and 5.5mm veggie noodles. Once cooked, the texture and size of this thinner ribbon of noodle are very pasta-like.
- 3-4 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices of sandwich pepperoni, silvered
- 1 T grated Italian cheese
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Trim then spiralize zucchini just before use, or if earlier, refrigerate until preparation.
- Heat Olive Oil over medium heat, add zucchini and stir frequently till desired consistency, making sure not to overcook or moisture will drown and the zoodles will become limp and mushy.
- Add tomatoes and slivered pepperoni. Mix in. Heat briefly.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes to taste if desired
Serves two generously.