Featuring a zesty and flavorful salsa that is easy to make and can be prepared a day in advance. It makes for a colorful and fruity presentation atop a mild fish.
Tilapia with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Step 1 MARINADE DIRECTIONS: Whisk together olive oil, of the lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil, pepper, and salt and pour into a resealable plastic bag or sous vide bag.
- Step 2 Add the tilapia fillets, coat with the marinade. Seal with a Vacuum Sealer, we like the Nunesware Vacuum Sealer set to the marinade option. If you don’t have a vacuum sealer, a Ziploc bag can be used if the excess air is squeezed out before sealing.
- Step 3 Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Step 4 MANGO SALSA DIRECTIONS: Combine the mango, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl.
- Step 5 Add the lime juice and the other half of the lemon juice and toss well.
- Step 6 Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until served.
- Step 7 TILAPIA DIRECTIONS: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F).
- Step 8 Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Step 9 Remove the tilapia from the marinade, and shake off excess.
- Step 10 Place the tilapia fillets in the baking dish with just a bit of butter.
- Step 11 Cover the dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the fish is no longer translucent in the center, and flakes easily with a fork.
- Step 12 Serve the tilapia topped with mango salsa.
Salsa marinade can be made up to one day in advance.
Makes 4 servings