An enjoyable harvest time treat pairing root vegetables with autumnal flavors
Cider Roasted Vegetables
A harvest time treat with the flavors and aroma of autumn
- 1 1/2 lbs. beets (1 bunch) peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 lbs parsnips-peeled and
- 1 cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs baby carrots peeled4 T brown sugar
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb shitake or cromini mushrooms, cleaned & stemmed
- Step 1 Heat oven to 450°.
- Step 2 Place vegetables in two small roasting pans.
- Step 3 In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, oil, and vinegar. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Step 4 Cook until tender, about one hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
- Step 5 Add mushrooms during last ten minutes , toss, to coat well, and finish roasting.
- Step 6 Season with salt and freshly ground pepper