Homemade Ice Cream sounds daunting, but it is easy with a bit of practice and the right recipe.
Got some fresh berries from your garden or the farm market? Make this delicious homemade ice cream without any special machines or equipment. Fresh strawberries give this dessert a fruity infusion of summer while pistachios are a tasty inclusion with a bit of nutty crunch.
No ice cream maker? No problem with this No churn ice cream recipe! All you need is a loaf pan.
No special equipment for this recipe, I just use a metal loaf pan and some parchment paper.
While this recipe uses strawberries and pistachios, the ice cream base works with all sorts of tasty inclusions!
Add a strawberry simple syrup to amp up the berry taste.
Homemade Strawberry Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade No Churn Strawberry Pistachio Ice Cream
Makes a tasty homemade strawberry ice cream without special equipment
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/3 cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Step 1 Prep the strawberries: In a large bowl, mix strawberries, honey, sugar, and lemon juice. Allow to sit 15-20 minutes, or until the strawberries have released their juices.
- Step 2 Blend mixture in the blender or mash by hand with potato masher. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form
- Step 4 Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Step 5 Now add the inclusions: first the berries, then the nuts.
- Step 6 Line loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the mixture.
- Step 7 Freeze for atleast 3 -5 hours until set,
- Step 8 Once set, remove from the freezer and let sit a few minutes before scooping to serve.
- Step 9 Tip: homemade ice cream melts faster than store bought, so scoop just before you are ready to serve.
Store the remainder in a tightly sealed container and it will last a couple months
This homemade ice cream melts faster than store-bought, so scoop only when you are ready to serve.
Optionally, garnish this ice cream with fresh berries, strawberry simple syrup, and pistachios.
What would you do to improve upon this recipe? Tell us in the comments below