This recipe is very versatile to what vegetables or pasta you have on hand.
We used frozen green beans and corn, some fresh carrots and ziti.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine frozen corn and/or peas, onion, carrots, zucchini, and garlic.
- Stir in broth, tomato paste, salt, and basil.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on a high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to a high-heat setting.
- Stir in frozen green beans and pasta such as ziti or macaroni.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes more.
- Before serving, stir in parsley.